Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Back In The Game!

After writing yesterday's post, I googled "get rid of news headlines yahoo mail" and lo, I am not the only one who hates headlines in my mail. I found instructions to get rid of headlines; it took less than five minutes. Full instructions here. You need Firefox. Check. You need to download a little Firefox extension called Stylish. Check. Restart Firefox. OK. Paste the conveniently provided script into a new style in Stylish (easier than it sounds.) It worked! My Yahoo page is as bare as a snow covered field. No advertisements. No headlines. No more undulating people selling me cheap mortgages.

From the Stylish web site:
User styles empower your browsing experience by letting you fix ugly sites, customize the look of your browser or mail client, or just have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment